In order to register as a professional user, you are required to have formal training in the safe use and application of pesticides. Experience alone does not qualify an individual to register.
The following is a list of qualifications which are recognised by DAFM as being appropriate training for the purposes of registration:
- QQI/FETAC 5N1797 – Boom Sprayer.
- QQI/FETAC 5N0731 – Handheld Sprayer.
- City&Guilds PA1 + PA2a – Boom Sprayer.
- City&Guilds PA1 + PA6 – Handheld Sprayer.
- City&Guilds PA1 + any other PA module appropriate to the usage of the professional user.
- Teagasc Pesticide Application course (as part of 1-yr or 2-year qualification).
- Teagasc Pesticide Application stand-alone short course.
- Lantra Awards – Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1) and Vehicle Mounted Boom Sprayer (PA2)
- Lantra Awards – Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1) and Hand Held Equipment (PA6)
- Lantra Awards - for Granular, Pesticide plug, Stem Injection and Trailed Wick applications
If you have completed a qualification that was awarded by Teagasc and are unsure as to its suitability, you can verify your qualification for the purposes of DAFM registration as a PU by submitting a query form directly to Teagasc, which is available at https://www.teagasc.ie/education/courses/pesticide-training/
List of Training Providers for Users of Professional Use Pesticides - May 2018 (pdf 106Kb)