Integrated Pest Management
All professional users shall apply the general principles of IPM and maintain records to demonstrate the application of these principles.
The general principles of IPM are listed in the Sustainable Use of Pesticides Directive. They include the following practices:
- prevention and/or suppression of harmful organisms,
- monitoring of harmful organisms,
- application of appropriate plant protection measures,
- use of sustainable biological, physical or other non-chemical methods,
- use of pesticides that are as specific as possible for the target pest,
- use of pesticides to the necessary levels,
- use of anti-resistance strategies to maintain the effectiveness of products,
- recording of the success of the applied crop protection measure.
Guidance Notes on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) (pdf 2,874Kb)
Responsible Pesticide Use in Public, Amenity and Garden Areas (pdf 1,752Kb)